I guess I like merit badges. I had so many of them as a Cub Scout that my mom sewed them down the tail of my shirt, which I wore untucked.
Google Certification was next, and I’m certified in Search, Display, Video, Mobile, and Shopping advertising. Also, certified in Google Analytics.
Facebook Blueprint certification was the next step, which was the most unusual testing experience that I’ve had.
I paid my $150 fee and scheduled an appointment. At the appointed hour, I received a call from the test proctor who asked me to do the following:
- Hold my driver’s license up to my computer’s camera so that they could verify my identity
- Take my glasses off so they could inspect them to see if there were any answers written there
- Roll up my sleeves
- Took my laptop and gave them a 360 degree view of my office
- Close my window blinds
- Had me move a number of things that were within arms reach
- Make sure that no one came into my office nor said anything over the intercom
The test began and the proctor watched me to make sure that I didn’t receive any help.
It was a long two hours, and I got my certification.